Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend - 36 Weeks

We had a busy but really enjoyable Mother's Day weekend. Friday night we joined our friends Steve & Erin and their two kids for a quick getaway at Dennis & Terre's house in Rockford. The house was originally built in the 1800s and they have restored it beautifully. It felt like spending the night in a bed and breakfast! We had a fire big enough to make a few smores on Friday night, stayed up talking in the living room after the kiddos had gone to bed, and realized that this might have been our last 'getaway' before the baby comes. We woke up to sunshine streaming through our window and got up for a leisurely breakfast, walked around the property taking pictures, and sat on the porch in the rocking chairs enjoying the breeze. It was a wonderful morning!

The house in Rockford - our "getaway"

Taking pictures - this one is in front of the "law office"

Saturday we celebrated my cousin Ashton's upcoming high school graduation and then went back to Steve & Erin's house for a cookout. Our "cookout" turned into leftovers and yummy dessert - ice cream and strawberries - due to another pop-up storm (we've had several the last few days). This morning we got up early and headed to church for worship. After worship we had lunch with family and friends at my grandmother's house. The picture above is our Mother's Day picture and my 36 weeks picture.

This afternoon, after a quick nap, we got up and worked around the house preparing for when the baby comes. It's good timing too since it's time for spring cleaning anyway. My mom came over and helped me look through the bag I have packed for the hospital to make sure I have what I need. Now the main thing I need is some diapers! The picture above is me taking a break from the work in the baby's room.

Only 4 more weeks till the due date...Chuck is counting days and has been for awhile now. We're both excited, but right now I'd be just fine if she doesn't come early and gives me a little more time to get some things done around the house and finished up at work. I know that's not something I can control though, so we'll go with whatever happens. Amazing that we're down to less than a month with just the two of us. I know we have an exciting summer ahead!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You look GEORGEOUS!!! Happy Momma's Day ;-)