Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday's Happenings

Today we enjoyed a family day running errands and getting lots of things done around the house.

Chuck and Salem were rear-ended a week or so ago but it was very minor, as they were sitting still at a light and the person just didn't quite stop in time. We were thankful it wasn't anything more than that. The other person's insurance paid to get the bumper fixed as well as for a new carseat, so we went to Babies R Us today to find one. The result was a HUGE blessing. A $250 carseat was marked down by $100, we got a 10% discount for it being the floor model, and then had a 20% off coupon. After the check from the insurance company, we only paid $5.60 for a brand new Safety First Air Protect convertible carseat that will last until Salem is 50lbs. Considering she's not even at 20lbs yet, this should last us awhile.

When we got home, Salem was mama's helper again. She has discovered the drawers in our kitchen. These aren't conducive to those child-proof locks, so we just put some things in them that are safe for her to play with. She loves opening and closing the drawers and pulling everything out while we're working in the kitchen. In the first picture below, she thinks she just got caught!


"Hey mom, it wasn't me, I promise!"

Today was also another first for us. She ended up with a diaper rash, something very rare for her, so I stopped by my mom's house to pick up the small stash of cloth diapers we have purchased as hand me downs. Mom used cloth diapers on her in the winter on the days she kept her when I was at work, but I hadn't attempted it at our house. I decided that the diaper rash was a perfect reason to try it. I just hated putting her little tush into a regular diaper, knowing that it couldn't feel very good. So far, so good. I can't remember the brand, but it has snaps that allow it to adjust in size and you just add doublers to it. We'll see how it goes. I'm not ready to do it in public, but we might keep trying them at home some.

One of Salem's favorite things is to help mommy with the laundry!


She's having a ball! :)

No comments: