Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Welcome to the world Brecken Andrew Payne!

Hooray! My sister Meghan and her husband Michael just welcomed their first baby, Brecken Andrew Payne, into the world! He is such a cutie!

Meghan wins the award for "fastest labor ever" for a first time mom...she realized she was in labor, went to the hospital, and had Brecken 6 hours later. And I thought my 10 hour labor was fast!

Mom and baby are healthy and settling in for the evening. My mom and dad tried to get there before he was born, but being 7 hours away, they really had no chance at beating the little guy here!

I know Meghan was excited when Salem was born, but because I was so exhausted (you know, from labor and all), I didn't really realize at the time how excited to meet Salem she really was. NOW I KNOW! It is such an amazing feeling! I can't wait to cuddle with the little guy in a few days when I get to go visit. My heart is just full of love!

Here's the stats for those of you who like that stuff:

Brecken Andrew Payne
Born Tuesday, October 6th at 11:08am
6lbs 10oz
20 inches

Meghan and Michael are going to be such amazing parents and we are all so grateful that they're doing well!

3 comments:

Jessie Weaver said...

WOW! That is so fast--and early! I'm a little jealous of both sides. He looks adorable. Hope I will get to meet him!

Jessie

Jessica said...

I loved the pictures. He is definitely a CUTIE!! All that hair cracks me up! Enjoy being an Aunt.

Debra said...

Congratulations to you all!!!! You both have adorable kids. I know you will many wonderful memories.

Love,
Debby Sheets