Friday, March 13, 2009

Fetus Friday


27 Weeks

Weight Gain: 22lbs+. I went to the doctor's office this week for a nurse visit and they skipped the weigh-in. I was not disappointed. I had the gestational diabetes test - that syrup stuff they make you drink is way over-rated and really wasn't that bad - tasted like a too-sweet flat Orange Crush.

Aches & Pains: I'm still having issues with muscle cramps, but nothing like the first one. I've been more diligent about eating bananas and that has seemed to help. I've noticed this week that I definitely have the pregnant "waddle" and my belly goes ahead of me, bumping into lots of things. I don't think I've quite realized yet how big I've gotten, so I end up underestimating space that I need to get by things. I've had some minor back pain, some pain in the sciatic nerve area, and noticed swelling in my ankles for the first time this week. It's a good reminder that I need to be drinking much more water than I've been remembering to drink. The pain in my rib cage while sneezing continues...my guess is as the baby grows, this will only get worse!

Cravings: Bad for me stuff - you know, more of the ice cream/cookie dough cravings. But I have continued to resist. However, I didn't even pretend to resist when we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner one night last week after my conference was over. Yum yum!

Cool Developments: She has decided that it's fun to stretch in two opposite directions, resulting in some very interesting feelings and occassionally sharp pains from her gymnastics in there. Tonight I felt what I determined to be an elbow - a fun reminder that these feelings from her moving will only get stronger.

Belly Pic: I have one, but Chuck stole the camera from me to use for something else this weekend, so I'll have to wait until he gets back to upload it. (updated: picture is posted above)

No comments: