Sunday, December 21, 2008

16 Week Update

Today marks 16 weeks...wow, it really does go by fast! This is my first "baby belly" picture so far. I really didn't realize how big I was getting until I looked at the picture after my sister Meghan took it! I guess I should have started taking pictures earlier. Oh well, better late than never!

We had our 14 week appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, which was of course very exciting for both of us. We are both thrilled, but it is so cute to watch Chuck talk to the baby now that I have a visible belly. We are really looking forward to finding out if we're having a little boy or girl in January.

We spent last night with our friends Jordan and Jenny - having dinner, playing games, looking at baby name books, and talking about being pregnant. Jenny is just a week ahead of me, so it's been fun comparing how things are going for both of us. She is one of 6 friends of mine who are all pregnant now at the same time. What is in the water?!

As far as updates go, I am finally feeling pregnant most if not all of the time now. But since it's the second trimester, I'm finally also feeling generally better with more energy than in past weeks. Today was the first day I really could say that I can feel the baby moving. I'm sure I've felt him/her previously, but just wasn't confident that's what I was feeling today. Can't wait till Chuck can feel him/her kick too!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us and the health of our little one. We are feeling very blessed right now and excited about what's to come!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

you look cute with that belly! i love the second trimester belly... that's when you look cute and not huge! :) i'm so happy things are going well and i can't wait to find out what you are having too. are you going to share your name thought process/decision? have a wonderful christmas!