Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Quiz

My sister Meghan sent me this Christmas quiz. I don't have time to do a real post about our weekend (it was quite eventful...will work on a post about it soon), but I thought I'd put this up for now:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper if it's an easy shape; gift bag otherwise
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, but the last few years we haven't had the money. Maybe it'll be more of a priority once our little one arrives
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years, whenever we have time
5. Do you like eggnog? no
6. Favorite gift received as a child? play kitchen set and letter from Santa telling me I had to share it with my sister b/c she'd be big enough to play with it before next Christmas
7. Hardest person to buy for? one of my grandmothers, she already has everything and she'll tell you that too
8. Do you have a nativity scene? no
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but we haven't done either the last few years
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a pair of mustard yellow gloves
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? not sure I have a favorite...
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? i shop throughout the year as i find good deals
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes, but only when I think the person will really like it
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? all-time favorite = mom's shredded sweet potato casserole...others - peanut butter balls, mashed potatoes, unique desserts
15. Lights on the tree? clear
16. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel to Chuck's family's house; otherwise we're pretty close to home
18. Can you name all 9 of Santa's reindeer? Yes (I have to sing the song though)
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? whenever we can get the whole family together
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? people who expect you to buy them a present when they know that you don't have the money to spend
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? don't really have one - we have an eclectic mix really
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? mamaw's green beans and corn, mom's sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, homemade yeast rolls
24.What do you want for Christmas this year? stuff to finish off my guest bedroom/office - brown comforter, curtains, flat panel computer monitor - so we can move office stuff out of the soon-to-be baby room

1 comment:

Barb J. said...

I have to sing the song to know all the reindeer, too, lol! Thanks for entering my giveaway.