Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From the Inside Out


We had another really great weekend - we spent time with Chuck's family on Friday night and Saturday. It went like this...slept in late. Ate brunch. Threw away buckwheat waffles that tasted like cardboard. Watched 4 episodes of CSI while lounging unapologetically on the couch. Went swimming at the neighborhood pool. Acted like we were 10 years old. Had fun doing it. Walked back to the house. Grilled out. Played Scattergories. Stayed way too late. Drove home.

Sunday. Woke up way too early. Drove to Food Lion to pick up food for crock pot meal for potluck. Assembled meal at church building. Worship. Potluck. "Evening" bible study. Worship service at local nursing home. Almost cried several times due to emotions of singing about heaven around people who will be there soon. Headed home for a nap. Didn't take one because I'm like that and I always think there's something else that needs to be done. Chuck did. Headed to Hudson concert. First time to see them in concert - Matt was our intern at Journey this summer and was in our wedding. Will be getting married soon himself. Was especially moved by their version of Hillsong's "From the Inside Out". Here's the lyrics:

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord

Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out
Your will above all else, still my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

If that wasn't amazing enough, we went out to eat with friends afterwards. Random strangers paid for our meal. No, we don't know who it was or why they did it. God provides. Why do we question? He provides even the little things. Thank you Lord for your provision in my life...in this small way and in so many other ways!

No comments: