Monday, August 25, 2008

Celebrating our 5th Anniversary

Last weekend we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. Amazing how time flies by! Since we are "officially" celebrating when we go on the cruise for my mom's 50th birthday in October, we had a low key weekend. We "vacationed" at my parents' house since they were gone celebrating my mom's birthday in Nova Scotia. As simple as it was, we enjoyed our time together away from the normal things around the house that demand our attention and appreciated the slower pace of sitting on the front porch enjoying one another's company while watching a thunderstorm roll in. We also enjoyed watching The Notebook, the most romantic movie ever! We talked about our experiences the last 8 years that we've been together and dreamed about what the future would hold. We're looking forward to many many more exciting years together!


8 years ago, the weekend we met. yes, Chuck has braids in his hair. i didn't care.
wedding day. 5 years ago. 08.16.2003. hottest - day - EVER!

cutting the cake. yes, he was nice. no cake in my face.

my favorite wedding day picture of us.


1 comment:

Mindy said...

I remember that wedding day. Everything was so beautiful.

I also remember having to live with Chuck after you all got together at camp. He was SO head-over-heels - it was SO sweet!!