Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weekend in Nash-vegas

After a long few days of travel to and from GA for Chuck's grandmother's funeral, I got back in the car and headed to Nashville with my friend Sarah. She was headed to Lipscomb for graduation, and we were returning Meghan's puppies to her. I was along for the ride and took the opportunity to make some great memories with Meghan and relax some while I was there. Here are some pictures and commentary from the weekend:

Nashville Dog Park...we took Sadie and Keely out to play with at least 25 other dogs. What an adventure! They enjoyed socializing with the other dogs and chasing the tennis ball of course. Below they are taking a break and drinking out of the doggie water fountain.



On Sunday after morning worship we had lunch at Baja Burrito & dessert at Maggie Moo's (both buy one get one free!) then headed over to Centennial Park for an arts and crafts fair. It was a fun afternoon. I enjoyed people watching and just the relaxed atmosphere of a community wide event. It made me want to come home and take advantage of more of these types of events.


Self portrait at the park.


Just "the girls" (all FOUR of us!).

We went to see Meghan and Michael's new house...almost finished!


On Saturday I helped with Meghan's yard sale. She joined with one of her neighbors who she also goes to church with to have a bigger sale. Unfortunately it was drizzly, so it wasn't as busy as we'd hoped. The afternoon was salvaged though! Her neighbor's husband stayed home and smoked some wonderful beef and pork loin while we headed to the farmer's market to pick up some fresh veggies. Her neighbor, Brooke, is a wonderful cook! She taught us how to make fried okra and fresh guacamole.



Meghan with the book I got her for her birthday. She wants to learn how to sew, so I thought this would be a good starter book. Now if she only had a sewing machine...


Sunday night we had dinner with a couple of friends and they taught me to play Texas Hold 'em. It was fun...especially since I WON (Michael said it was beginner's luck). All in all, it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend spent with one of my favorite people in the whole world!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

If anybody has ever played cards with you they should know it is NEVER beginners luck. You are just REALLY good at any card game. I would never play poker with you! Are they crazy?! :)