Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I've taken an idea from another blog and am going to start trying to post my menu plan for the week. I have been trying to do weekly menu planning off and on now for several months, but maybe if I plan to blog about it I'll stick to the plan. We'll see. Hopefully this will help me start paying more attention to the food we're eating. I know for one thing we need to add more fruits and vegetables, so that will be one of my goals. This week's menu is heavy on the red meat, but we just got our box of Angel Food and it always comes with lots of red meat, so I thought I'd just start with that for simplicity's sake.

Monday - Crockpot BBQ chicken, sauteed yellow squash, my grandmother's canned green beans

Tuesday - Sirloin steak, baked potatoes, asparagus

Wednesday - Tacos

Thursday - Dinner at my grandmother's house

Friday - Cheeseburgers, baked french fries

Saturday - work fundraising event - heavy hor'dourves

Breakfasts - blueberry muffins, cereal, frozen waffles, omelets, bananas, canned peaches

Lunches - sandwiches

Snacks - apples & peanut butter, granola bars, yogurt

No comments: