Thursday, February 28, 2008

Preparing for the Weekend


So yes, I know, it's not the weekend yet. But sometimes I think it's impossible for me to not plan ahead. Plus, I'm really excited about what the next several days will bring. Saturday is the biggest fundraiser of the year for Chuck's work, Big Brothers Big Sisters. The Bowl for Kids' Sake is their signature fundraiser, and without a question the biggest fundraising event of the year for his agency. Despite only working as the Coordinator for three months, he has (in my humble opinion) done a GREAT job at networking and stirring up enthusiasm for the event and the kids that the money will help make a difference for. It is an exciting process to watch. Saturday will be different for me - good different - in that I will be the one watching and taking direction from him! I'm really looking forward to the day.

Sunday brings an uplifting time of worship. I just finished the slides for the worship time, so I got a sneak preview, and it will be a great day! Plus, after the service I'll be headed to Baltimore for a conference for work. Tuesday evening will bring a plane ride home and a late night drive to the beach. That's right - look out - we're taking a REAL vacation! My coworkers can't believe it...they're so used to me taking vacation days for trips like Winterfest, New Orleans relief, and Romanian missions, that they couldn't believe we aren't taking teens with us or meeting to plan a week of camp. Tonight we prepared by stocking up on library books (fiction for me...History channel DVDs for Chuck!) and doing laundry. One of the books I picked up was P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. Chuck and I saw the movie the other night at the our favorite date night location...the $2 theatre...and I cried the entire time. Probably more because if something like that ever happened to Chuck, he'd definitely come up with a scheme like that to get me through. It's one of the many reasons why I love him!

So anyway, we're both really looking forward to being away, and it will be a much needed and enjoyed break. Here's to the action packed weekend and a relaxing week ahead!




1 comment:

Tamara said...

LeeAnn, we are so alike! I cried like a baby during PS I love you too! I probably should go and read the book.