Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fetus Wednesday


Fetus Friday is much delayed this week due to the baby making me very tired. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so there may be more info to share later, but here's the current update for now.
29 Weeks
Weight Gain: 22lbs+ (should find out the "official" amount tomorrow)
Aches & Pains: This baby is not letting me sleep. No matter how many pillows I put around, under or behind me, I still am waking up every 20-55 minutes for some reason. I turn over to the other side and then go back to sleep pretty quickly, but it still has made me very sleepy during the day. Add that to the fact that the doctor's office called to let me know that my hemaglobin is low and I need to be taking iron supplements, and I've been one tired momma!
Cravings: Yep, I did it. I gave into the chocolate chip cookie dough craving and bought some at the store the other day. No worries though, I'm only eating a bite at a time and am trying to make it last! Peanut butter is still my protein of choice, however since Chuck is cooking now more often (I plan the menus - he cooks the dinners), my food variety has gotten better. I stocked up on mac & cheese (my first trimester food of choice), but haven't even opened one box these last few weeks, so that's saying something positive about my nutritional choices.
Cool Developments: There was one day this week I was a little worried about her lack of consistent movement, but it didn't last long. I did some checking and apparently around this stage she may go through a growth spurt and movements slow down a bit because there is only so much room to move around. It was the next day and she was back to flailing around pretty frequently and kicking hard again. Guess she just needed my belly to catch up with her growth spurt!
Belly pic: The one posted above is from last night. I've resorted to comfy sweatshirts for around the house...I'm quickly tiring of my "nice" shirts to wear to work and change out of them as soon as possible once I get home. I'm quite thankfully for all my comfy clothes!!

No comments: