Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fetus Friday


26 Weeks

Weight Gain: 20lbs (or more??)

Aches & Pains: Thankfully the leg cramps have not been as bad this week. Although I am noticably more tired and easily irritated this week. Part of it has been that we've been incredibly busy at work, so I'm just exhausted at the end of the day and more easily frustrated than normal. I have a conference in Baltimore to attend next week, so hopefully I'll get a little bit of a break from the fast pace of the office these past couple of weeks. I've had other new symptoms this week too...like extreme pain when I sneeze - it feels like my ribs are going to break! And back pain has reared its ugly head again, although I can only imagine that this is just the beginning and there is more to come in the next few months. Despite these aches and pains, I am incredibly grateful that our little girl seems to be growing just fine with no complications to speak of.

Cravings: Chocolate, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate oatmeal cookies, chocolate anything! Thankfully I've not given into these cravings except to have a few dark chocolate chips with walnuts as an evening snack. But make no mistake, if I DID have cookie dough in the house, it would be gone in a heartbeat. Probably good that ice cream hasn't been on sale in awhile either...

Cool Developments: On Wednesday she was quiet most of the evening, which is abnormal since she's usually moving around starting around 5pm or so. But as soon as we started singing during worship, she started moving. Guess my books were right when it said that this week she'll be able to start hearing outside sounds more clearly. That means good timing with all of the silly songs Chuck is making up too...maybe this means she can actually hear them!

Belly Pic:

No comments: