Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CVS Deal...$100 worth of stuff for $20...and all this was FREE!

Last night I stayed up late and did my homework to learn more about how to really take advantage of CVS' Extra Care Bucks (ECB) program. I found out that each month there is a separate flyer listing deals, then there is an additional sales flyer each week. When you "stack" coupons on top of these great deals, you come out with some really great bargains. Check out BeCentsAble for more info on how their program works.

So today after work I made my 'cheat sheet' list of what to buy and which coupons to use before heading on over to CVS. I divided my purchases into two different transactions to take advantage of the ECBs. Even though I realized I didn't separate the transactions out perfectly (I could have saved $5 more), I still ended up with $100 worth of merchandise for less than $20!!

Check it out...everything in the picture was FREE. It was a combination of sales, using ECBs, and coupons together that sealed the deal. Wow, I get excited about this stuff, but this means less money on "essentials" and more money on DEBT!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My problem is that I don't really need any of these things that you usually end up getting free! So, I would just end up spending $20 more - a great deal nonetheless - but $20 that I wouldn't have spent otherwise!