Sunday, April 13, 2008

Zippy Pineapple Baked Chicken

This is another new recipe I tried this week. I thought it turned out great, but what I found out is that Chuck does not particularly care for "jerk" type food. This dish is extremely flavorful with not a lot of prep, which is what drew me to it in the first place. It may not be on our family favorites list, but it's definitely worth a try! I served it with a boxed carribean rice side dish and sauteed asparagus.


Zippy Pineapple Baked Chicken

4 chicken breasts

1/2 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. pepper

Glaze: 1 can (8-3/4 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/4 cup lemon juice (I substituted a little vinegar)

2 tbsp. mustard

1 tsp. soy sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken pieces in an ungreased 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Combine all Glaze ingredients and mix well. Pour Glaze over chicken. Return to oven and continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes, basting occasionally, until deep golden brown and tender.

No comments: