Friday, March 7, 2008

Wednesday's Adventures

Wednesday we took the chance to spend some time with my parents in Beauford, NC. Our touring around included a trip to Morehead City, NC where my parents lived before they had kids and my dad was stationed at the local Coast Guard station. Here's their first house and one of their favorite pasttime locations, El's Drive In (best shrimp burgers ever!).


After touring around a bit and allowing mom and dad to be a little nostalgic, we walked around downtown Beaufort and did something I love...enjoyed FREE entertainment! We first went to the Harvey W. Smith Watercraft Center and then spent an hour or so in the North Carolina Maritime Museum. There were some very interesting exhibits - we had fun AND learned some things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss shrimp burgers from down East. Of course, I'm not eating anything fried anymore anyway, so perhaps the distance is a good thing.